Job Description of Solar Installer
- Carry out quality control on Solar panels and will be able to distinguish A grade panels from B and C grades (mono and poly)
- Read electrical codes Nigerian, Canadian and American and specify cable sizes for each rated equipment installation.?
- Test all solar system equipment supplied before acceptance, test all equipment before shipment and installation and during commissioning.?
- Carryout minor inspection repairs on malfunctioning Solar systems equipment. Confirm status of warranties and derive the warranty benefits or replacements through professional engagement with manufacturers.
- Train end users on Solar system operation and care (earthing batteries, inverters, charge controllers Conduct surveys on the pool of installations and carry our routine maintenance checks at sites. Carry out reliability analysis on data acquired from these tests.
- Train the Sales and marketing team on the functional specifications and care of Solar equipment
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Assembly of mounting hardware?
- Conduct inspection of roofing and garage structural integrity homes and businesses to verify the structural support for solar panels,?
- Has at least 3 years Experienced at working at height safely, and is trained and certified in the use of safety? harness and other protective measures?
- Has at least 3 years experience working on residential and commercial rooftops as well as installing groundmounted systems,
- Pulling inventory for specific projects?
- Following layout of solar modules,
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, methodology and safety,
- Perform PV system service as required Knowledge and skill requirements include,
- Valid driver’s license Experience in mechanical installations, general construction and ladder work?
- Experience with all types of hand-held and power tools??
- Has basic understanding/experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems is
- HND/BSc in Electrical Engineering Electronics Engineering, Physics and Electronics, Chemistry with at least 4 years experience in this or similar role.
Salary: N35,000 - N45,000 depending on experience